Monday, January 17, 2011

S'moregasm Casserole

Do you like s'mores? Do you have an oven-safe dish and access to an oven? If the answer to both those questions is "yes" go to the nearest supermarket and purchase Teddy Grahams, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips. No really, go. GO NOW!

My cousin Brian told me about "S'moregasms," a dish he first tried when his college roommate made them at school last semester. This is quite possibly one of the easiest, tastiest, and cutest (those little bear shaped graham crackers are insanely adorable) things ever to make.

The first thing I did was set the oven to broil on "low."

Next all you have to do is layer the ingredients in a dish. I did two layers each of Teddy Grahams, chocolate chips, and marshmallows, in that order.The casserole dish I used is on the smaller side, but I the regular size box of Teddy Grahams was just the right amount.


Don't worry, that little bear isn't scared - he's excited!


Once you've got everything in the dish (prep time is about 2.7 seconds), pop the dish of campfire-deliciousness in the oven and try not to drool while waiting.

I set a timer for 10 minutes but I couldn't wait that long so after about 7 minutes I reset the oven to broil on "high" and paced back and forth for another 2 minutes...


Broil, baby, broil!


Finally! The marshmallows were perfectly toasted, the chocolate chips were melted and gooey, and the bears? Those gosh darn bears were still frighteningly cute under all that marshmallow-chocolate goodness!


S'MOREGASMIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment